Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The best triceps exercise

1. Parallel-bar dip. This is a great multijoint movement for triceps, just have to make sure, you keep your body as vertical as possible—don't lean forward, which hits your chest—and keep those elbows tight to your sides. 




2. Cable push- down. This exercise activates the lateral head of the triceps greater than any other major triceps exercise. IIt's a fairly good single-joint lateral-head movement as long as you don't let your elbows drift from your sides.


3. Seated overhead dumbbell extension. Once your arms go overhead, the long head becomes the target, so it's always a good idea to include some kind of arms-overhead exercise in your triceps routine. 


4. Skullcrusher. Skull crushers are one of the best exercises to perform for hitting the triceps hard. But, it is one of the more risky exercises.The reason is that your body’s position is under the weight. As a result, this exercise should be done with attention to safety. 


5. Back Dips. This is a great exercise because it can be done almost anywhere in the gym (or out of the gym). You should be careful and know how to perform it correctly. Putting the hands too close together behind the back will put stress on the wrists and elbows without any added triceps benefit. 


2 comments:

  1. Right when it's chest and triceps day for me, this comes up! :) Thanks for sharing these exercises! My favorite ones among the list are the cable push down and back dips. I always incorporate them into my triceps workout because I noticed they activate my triceps greatly--I am always sore after sets of each! I still have yet to practice parallel bar dipping though. I found that this is my weakest exercise of all. I get the hardest time pulling myself up from dipping every time :( As of now, I can only do 2 reps lol. Overall, great info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice detailed triceps exercises! I do cable push-down and parallel-bar dip the most on my arm day. Working on 2-3 exercises for triceps on my arm day is good enough for me since triceps grow faster than biceps.

    ReplyDelete